For decades, polybutylene piping was hailed as “the future of pipes.” Made from an inexpensive plastic resin, the pipes replace copper pipes and made new home construction much more affordable. Unfortunately, after about 10 years of use, the polybutylene pipes started to fail. Chemicals added to municipal water supplies, specifically chlorine, caused pipes and pipe connectors to degrade, often spectacularly, costing homeowners thousands of dollars in repairs.
These days, many of the problems with polybutylene pipes have been resolved—specifically, the connectors in many homes have been replaced with metal connectors that are not prone to failure. That said, if you live in a home built between 1978 and 1995, you could still be at risk!
If you’re concerned about polybutylene piping in your home in Laytonsville, MD, don’t wait—call R.V. Carey’s at 301-424-8899 or click here!
Why Call R.V. Carey’s for Polybutylene Pipe Replacement?
Fast and Friendly Service
When you call for a plumber, you’re looking for more than plumbing services—you want the peace of mind that comes from knowing the plumber you hired is trustworthy and polite. In addition to being background checked and drug tested, all of the technicians at R.V. Carey’s are friendly and courteous and can answer any questions you may have regarding your plumbing system.
Time and Materials
Many plumbers charge a flat rate for each job, regardless of how long it takes. We prefer to charge based on time and materials—here’s why. First, no two plumbing jobs are the same. Even a seemingly simple leak repair can vastly differ from another leak repair! Since a job may take longer for one person than another, a flat fee may lead you to overpay for your service. Next, we feel we can provide a better service by encouraging our technicians to work carefully instead of rushing between jobs. By charging time and materials, we’re able to ensure that you get the highest quality of service possible while still sticking to your budget.
We wouldn’t exist without the generous support of the people in our community. So to show our gratitude, we like to give back what we can, whenever we can! We support a number of local and national organizations, including:
- The Disabled and Handicapped Workshop
- Montgomery County Career Firefighters Association
- Montgomery General Hospital
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
The R.V. Carey’s Promise
- All plumbers are well trained and educated to provide customers with honest and respectful support.
- Our level of experience ensures our ability to complete a job in a timely manner, thus saving the customer money.
- We offer a senior citizens discount.
- Our servicemen average over 15 years’ experience.
- We are able to provide additional plumbing support through the use of camera, jet machine, and backhoe equipment.
- We provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week support through emergency on-call service.
For polybutylene pipe replacement in Laytonsville, MD, call 301-424-8899 or click here!