If you’ve ever had a basement flood after a particularly heavy rainstorm, you probably already know how important it is to have a properly maintained sump pump. Sump pumps are designed to collect water that accumulates around your home’s foundation during heavy storms and flush it away before it does any damage. Sump pumps are a cost-effective way to prevent major damage to your basement and protect your valuables.
Sump Pump Repair
If your sump pump doesn’t work properly, it’s important that you call R.V. Carey’s to have it repaired as soon as possible. Sump pumps can get clogged with things like gravel, dirt, and debris, all of which can prevent them from working during a big storm. In fact, there are a number of things that can cause you to need sump pump repair:
- Debris caught in the sump pit
- A clogged weep hole
- An improperly positioned check valve
- A dry sump pump trap
- A faulty sump pump battery backup
If you’ve tested your sump pump recently and found that it’s not working, call R.V. Carey’s today!
Sump Pump Testing & Battery Backups
Since sump pumps (hopefully) aren’t used often, it’s important that you test yours periodically to make sure it works properly. Testing your sump pump is easy—you should have a sump pit somewhere in your basement where all the water diverts to, so find that and pour a few gallons of water into it. If you hear the pump kick on to discharge the water, you know it works.
You should test your sump pump a few times a year, particularly right before the spring rainy season starts. If your pump doesn’t activate right away after you pour the water into it, call the pros at R.V. Carey’s.
If your home is especially prone to power outages, you might also consider a battery backup for your sump pump. Power outages tend to come with heavy storms, so if your pump doesn’t work when the lights go out it won’t be much use! A battery backup will provide a few extra hours of power to hopefully get you through the most serious parts of a storm. R.V. Carey’s can install and test sump pump battery backups—give us a call today.
If you need sump pump services in Maryland, DC, or Virginia, call R.V. Carey’s today at 301-424-8899 or click here!
Why call R.V. Carey’s for sump pump services?
Fast and Friendly Service
When you call for a plumber, you’re looking for more than plumbing services—you want the peace of mind that comes from knowing the plumber you hired is trustworthy and polite. In addition to being background-checked and drug-tested, all of the technicians at R.V. Carey’s are friendly and courteous and can answer any questions you may have regarding your plumbing system.
Time and Materials
Many plumbers charge a flat rate for each job, regardless of how long it takes. We prefer to charge based on time and materials—here’s why. First, no two plumbing jobs are the same. Even a seemingly simple leak repair can vastly differ from another leak repair! Since a job may take longer for one person than another, a flat fee may lead you to overpay for your service. Next, we feel we can provide a better service by encouraging our technicians to work carefully instead of rushing between jobs. By charging time and materials, we’re able to ensure that you get the highest quality of service possible while still sticking to your budget.
We wouldn’t exist without the generous support of the people in our community. So to show our gratitude, we like to give back what we can, whenever we can! We support a number of local and national organizations, including:
- The Disabled and Handicapped Workshop
- Montgomery County Career Firefighters Association
- Montgomery General Hospital
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
The R.V. Carey’s Promise
- All plumbers are well trained and educated to provide customers with honest and respectful support.
- Our level of experience ensures our ability to complete a job in a timely manner, thus saving the customer money.
- There is a senior citizens discount available.
- Our servicemen average over 15 years’ experience.
- We are able to provide additional plumbing support through the use of camera, jet machine, and backhoe equipment.
- We provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week support through emergency on-call service.
For all your sump pump needs in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, call 301-424-8899 or click here!