Are you worried about leaks in your sewer pipes? Not only are they unpleasant, but sewer leaks can be dangerous—two of the most common gases released are flammable methane gas and deadly hydrogen sulfide! The licensed plumbers at R.V. Carey’s can perform what’s known as a smoke test to detect even the tiniest leaks in your sewer pipes so we can repair them as quickly as possible.
If you’re worried about leaks in your sewer pipes, call R.V. Carey’s today at 301-424-8899 or click here—we can perform a smoke test to find them and fix them fast!
What is a smoke test?
During a smoke test, a non-toxic artificial smoke will be slightly pressurized and pumped through waste and drain pipes to find leaks. The smoke will rise out of any cracks where there are defects in the pipes. Any place where smoke rises should be considered a site for sewer gases to escape and treated as such, since sewer gas can cause health risks.
Smoke tests can also be used to find places where pipes will spill fluids, as well as to check sanitary sewer systems for places where groundwater and storm runoff can enter your home. Smoke testing is especially useful in ventilated sanitary sewer systems that cannot be completely sealed.
Smoke tests can be used when the plumbing is brand new, but it’s more commonly used for in older plumbing systems and to find places where sewer gas leaks may plague a building or area.
If you need to hire a plumber to find leaks in your pipes using a smoke test, call R.V. Carey’s today—301-424-8899 or click here!
Why call R.V. Carey’s for smoke testing?
Fast and Friendly Service
When you call for a plumber, you’re looking for more than plumbing services—you want the peace of mind that comes from knowing the plumber you hired is trustworthy and polite. In addition to being background checked and drug tested, all of the technicians at R.V. Carey’s are friendly and courteous and can answer any questions you may have regarding your plumbing system.
Time and Materials
Many plumbers charge a flat rate for each job, regardless of how long it takes. We prefer to charge based on time and materials—here’s why. First, no two plumbing jobs are the same. Even a seemingly simple leak repair can vastly differ from another leak repair! Since a job may take longer for one person than another, a flat fee may lead you to overpay for your service. Next, we feel we can provide a better service by encouraging our technicians to work carefully instead of rushing between jobs. By charging time and materials, we’re able to ensure that you get the highest quality of service possible while still sticking to your budget.
We wouldn’t exist without the generous support of the people in our community. So to show our gratitude, we like to give back what we can, whenever we can! We support a number of local and national organizations, including:
- The Disabled and Handicapped Workshop
- Montgomery County Career Firefighters Association
- Montgomery General Hospital
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
The R.V. Carey’s Promise
- All plumbers are well trained and educated to provide customers with honest and respectful support.
- Our level of experience ensures our ability to complete a job in a timely manner, thus saving the customer money.
- There is a senior citizens discount available.
- Our servicemen average over 15 years’ experience.
- We are able to provide additional plumbing support through the use of camera, jet machine, and backhoe equipment.
- We provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week support through emergency on-call service.
For a residential smoke test in Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC, call 301-424-8899 or click here!