Are you looking for a basement remodeler in the Maryland-DC area to finish your basement? Your favorite plumber, R.V. Carey’s, has a home remodeling division! Let us transform your basement into stylish, functional, and polished additional living space for you and your family.
Call R.V. Carey’s at 301-424-8899 to learn more about our basement finishing services!
Benefits of Having a Finished Basement
A finished basement is a great way to add beautiful, functional space to your home. At R.V. Carey’s, we have been designing and building beautiful finished basements for families throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area since 1979. Our remodeling experts can turn any sized basement into a:
- Guest bedroom
- Additional family room
- Home gym
- Home theater
- Game room
- Entertainment room
- Additional living space, complete with bathroom and kitchenette
Our team of basement finishing experts will take into account your needs, wants, and current conditions, including the need for any waterproofing or foundation repairs. Other things we consider include:
- Ceiling height – Before they are finished, basements usually either have visible ductwork or low ceilings to cover them. You have a few options here: moving the ductwork, adding a lower ceiling, or framing boxes around the ductwork and keeping the rest of the ceiling higher. Whichever you choose, the pros at R.V. Carey’s will incorporate it into your overall design so your basement will feel comfortable no matter what. Other ceiling options include:
- Beams: Wooden beams installed on your basement ceiling will give the space a warm, rustic look and feel.
- Laminate planks: These easy-to-install planks come in a wide variety of colors and finishes, allowing you the option to add fresh style or extra personality to your finished basement.
- Siding or bead board: To give your finished basement a traditional look, clean white bead board is ideal. Painting it a bold shade will add dimension and visual interest.
- Tray ceiling: We can box the ductwork along the edges of your finished basement to create a more formal and elegant look.
- Moisture issues – One of the worst things you can have is a moisture problem in your finished basement. Not only will dampness make it difficult to maintain the proper temperature and humidity levels, but it also opens the door to things like mold and mildew. Before we begin planning out your finished basement, we will find and correct any dampness problems and seal the walls and floor carefully.
- Lighting – Lighting your basement will be much easier if at least one wall is above ground and has windows to let in sunlight, but our designers will make sure your basement feels comfortable and well lit regardless of how much natural light you get. Choosing energy-efficient fixtures and light bulbs will help to protect the environment and save you money.
- Flooring – Every finished basement flooring option has pros and cons.
- Carpet: Carpeting adds warmth, softness, and a little extra insulation to a finished basement. But remember, you’ll have to vacuum it!
- Ceramic tile: Tile is easy to maintain but gets cold easily, particularly in a basement application. Consider radiant floor heating to warm things up!
- Wood floors: Wood flooring is gorgeous, but it can be a difficult fit for a finished basement. The moisture in most basements can cause wood flooring to expand and contract, so special care must be taken during installation—subflooring and vapor barriers will have to be used. Even these precautions may not fully protect your floors. Engineered hardwood might be an easier option.
If you’re interested in finishing your basement in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, call R.V. Carey’s at 301-424-8899 or click here!
Why Choose R.V. Carey’s for Your Maryland Finished Basement?
Fast and Friendly Service
When you call for finished basement remodeling in the DC area, you’re looking for more than just a home service. You want the peace of mind that comes from knowing the contractors you hired are trustworthy and polite. In addition to being background checked and drug tested, all of the technicians at R.V. Carey’s are friendly and courteous and can answer any questions you may have regarding the home improvement process.
- All contractors are well trained and educated to provide customers with honest and respectful support.
- Our level of experience ensures our ability to complete a job in a timely manner, thus saving the customer money.
- We offer a senior citizens discount.
- Our servicemen average over 15 years’ experience.
- We provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week support through emergency on-call service.
For all your basement finishing needs in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, call 301-424-8899 or contact us online to learn more.